This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed, and how you can gain access to that information. Please review it carefully.
We understand the confidential nature of the information you provide to Drug Crafters. We want you to understand how Drug Crafters may use and disclose certain information you provide us, and what rights you have concerning that information.
You know and trust Drug Crafters. We value your trust.
- your past, present or future medical health or condition(s)
- medical care that is provided to you, or
- the past, present or future payment for medical care provided to you.
How We May Use or Disclose Protected Information
Drug Crafters may use or disclose your protected information to provide you with treatment, obtain payment for your treatment, or perform health care operations. Some examples of how we may use or disclose your protected information for these reasons are:
- Treatment. We may use or disclose your protected information to dispense prescription medications or devices to you, provide you with information and counseling on your drug therapy, and communicate with your physician, your physician’s staff, emergency treatment personnel or other healthcare professionals to ensure you receive appropriate treatment.
- Payment. We may use or disclose your protected information to determine the amount of your co–payment responsibility and to obtain payment for your treatment from your insurer or pharmacy benefit manager.
- Health care operations. We may use your protected information to review the performance of our pharmacists, to prevent fraud and to develop compliance programs in order to offer more effective and comprehensive treatment to you.
Drug Crafters may also use or disclose your protected information for other reasons. Those reasons and some examples of how we may use or disclose your protected information for those reasons are:
- Communications with you. We may use your protected information to contact you. We may contact you to ensure that your prescription is working effectively, or to provide you with refill reminders or information about treatment alternatives. We may also use your health information to provide you with information about benefits available to you or to tell you about health-related products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Communications with caregivers. We may disclose your protected information to a family member, friend, or any other person who is involved in your medical care or payment for your care. For example, we may provide prescriptions and related information to your caregiver on your behalf.
- Health oversight agencies. We may disclose your protected information to agencies authorized by law to perform audits, investigations or inspections for the oversight of the health care system, government benefit programs, government regulatory programs or civil rights laws.
- Judicial and administrative proceedings. We may disclose your protected information in response to a court order, administrative order, subpoena, warrant, or other lawful process.
- Law enforcement. We may disclose your protected information as required by law in response to requests from law enforcement.
- Services. We may hire third parties to perform certain services for us. We may disclose your protected information to these third parties so that they can perform the services we have asked them to do. These third parties will be required to protect your information and will not be allowed to use your information for any purpose other than to provide the services we have requested.
- Special Circumstances. We may disclose your protected information in certain special circumstances. Such circumstances include disclosures to agencies authorized by law to collect information for national security and intelligence activities, for specialized government functions in the event you are a veteran or are in the military, for investigation of a death or identification of a deceased person, for review of product quality and safety, to avert a threat to health or safety of an individual or the public, or to comply with requirements for worker’s compensation programs.
The examples given above are for illustration only. They may not be all–inclusive. Drug Crafters may also use or disclose your protected information as otherwise required by law. Drug Crafters will obtain your written authorization before using or disclosing your protected information for any reason other than those included in this Notice. You may revoke your authorization in writing at any time. Upon receipt of your written revocation, we will stop using or disclosing your protected information, except to the extent that we have already taken action in reliance on the authorization.
You have certain rights concerning your protected information and this Notice. These rights include:
- Notice of breach. Drug Crafters is required to notify you in the event there is a breach of your unsecured protected information that compromises the security or privacy of your unsecured protected health information.
- Inspection and copies. You may request a copy of this Notice by contacting Drug Crafters. You also have the right to inspect and receive a copy of the protected information we maintain about you. To the extent any of your protected information is maintained in an Electronic Health Record, you have the right to get a copy of your Electronic Health Record in an electronic format and, if you choose, to have us send such copy directly to a third party. To obtain a copy of your protected information, contact Drug Crafters. Drug Crafters may request that you submit a written request. We may charge you a fee for the costs of copying and mailing your protected information.
- Amendments. If you feel that the protected information we maintain about you is incomplete or incorrect, you may request that we amend it. To request an amendment, contact Drug Crafters. Drug Crafters may request that you submit a written request. The request must include the reason you are requesting the amendment. In certain cases, we may deny your request for amendment. If we deny your request for amendment, you may send us a written statement disagreeing with our denial.
- Restrictions on uses and disclosures. You have the right to request additional restrictions on our use or disclosure of your protected information. In general, we are not required to agree to any restrictions you request. If you pay for the full amount of your treatment or product out-of-pocket, however, we will honor requests to restrict disclosures to health plans or insurers for payment or health care operations purposes unless the disclosure is required by law. Your request must be submitted in writing to Drug Crafters.
- Accounting of disclosures. You have the right to receive an accounting of the disclosures we have made of your protected information. The accounting will not include disclosures made for treatment, payment or health care operations, disclosures made directly to you, your friends or family members involved in your care, or disclosures authorized by you. The right to receive an accounting of disclosures is subject to certain other exceptions, restrictions, and limitations. To request an accounting of disclosures, contact Drug Crafters. Drug Crafters may request that you submit your request in writing. The first accounting you request within a 12 month period will be provided free of charge, but you may be charged for the cost of additional accountings. We will notify you of the cost involved and you may then withdraw or modify your request.
- Alternative Communications. You may request that we contact you about your protected information only in writing or at a different residence. We will accommodate reasonable requests. To make a request, you must submit your request in writing to Drug Crafters.
For More Information or to Report a Problem
Drug Crafters Pharmacy
5680 Frisco Square Blvd, Suite 1100
Frisco, TX 75034
There will be no retaliation against you for filing a complaint.
Revisions to Notice
Drug Crafters may revise the terms of this Notice and make the new Notice effective for all of your protected information. If Drug Crafters makes a material change to this Notice, a new Notice will be posted at Drug Crafters and will be available to you upon request at Drug Crafters.
This Notice is effective as of October 21, 2006.
Drug Crafters is required by law to maintain the privacy of your protected information and to provide you with this Notice. Drug Crafters is required to comply with the terms of this Notice for so long as it is in effect.